Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Some more surprises

Day 22 of hospital bed rest

At 9am, they put me on the monitors for the NST.  Once again, the babies looked fantastic and no contractions.  Ray, S and I figured out the game plan for Tuesday :)  S is coming down for the day!! It's always great when she comes. The doctors said that when they start a possible discharge it's around 9/10am, so that'll give her plenty of time to get here from the airport. Then if all looks good, Ray'll be here at 330ish to pick me up.  Then, I got to my stitching and realized I made a mistake!  I did one too many rows of the 469 on the right side -- BOO.  It took me a bit to figure out how I was going to fix it.  I just figured that it wouldn't really be noticeable if I just extended the lighter color to the extra row.  For a first timer, one mistake so far is pretty good ;-)  I won't be telling Ray LMAO  When the nurse came at 1pm for vitals and meds, she asked if the nursing students could come talk to me.  Of course, I said yes!  It was actually pretty fun.  I think I made there homework A LOT more fun.  The girls had to do a family assessment packet.  There were all kinds of questions from our family traditions, does our house have sanitary facilities, if I'm close with my family and medical history.  A lot of the questions lead to some funny stories like my mom passing out during my delivery w/JP, belly dancing when we lived in HI, how Ray & I met at Circuit City, and the list goes on LOL  The girls were like wow we want to be like you when we grow up HAHA They were really sweet.  One of them might be back on Saturday to actually start her clinical.  It was a great break from my "normal" hospital routine.  Quickly after they left, I got a knock on my door.  This woman walked in with this beautiful floral arrangement!! It looks like a little rainforest.  S & B had sent it -- so lucky to have such great IPs :)  Around 445pm, I got my "final" surprise of the day.  Manisha came to visit!!  It was so wonderful to see her.  Immediately, I wanted all the details about the birth of the triplets :) I won't divulge too much but baby A (boy) weighed just a little over 2lbs as well as B (girl).  Baby C (girl) was the biggest at 2lbs 12oz.  It was just lovely to see her :)  Today was just another great day!




Until Tomorrow,

Whitney & The Twinkies

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good day!

    Your good day was my first day on bed rest :p

    Are you going home yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great day! Going home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep at it, soon enough you'll be going home :)

    ReplyDelete