Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Fridays :)

Day 16 of Hospital Bed Rest

First off, the twinkies weights are....Boy = 1lb 12oz and Girl = 2lb 2oz :)  Apparently, I was just to busy looking at their cute faces on the screen yesterday to realize that mr. man has flipped to breech!  Lets hope he plays nice and flips back around to head down soon. 

Anywho, my boys were right on time at 1000am :)  They wheeled me up to the garden to enjoy the gorgeous weather.  We were just up their chatting when we hear this man starting to sing behind this fence.  Me and Ray just look at each other like is that guy for real?  It was an older black man, and at first we couldn't really tell the the words (had a nice voice).  Then it just hit us -- Bob Seger's "Turn the Page".  He just started belting it out with vibratto and everything.  We couldn't help but laugh.  Then, we were laughing so hard we started crying.  JP chimed in that the music sounded funny and that made us laugh even more.  We finally realized what was behind the fence : outdoor patio for the psychiatric ward.  It all made sense.  It was quite an event, but he really did have a decent voice.  I guess you just never know what you're going to get on the garden terrace ;-)  Afterwards, we grabbed lunch down in the cafeteria.  I had a great cobb salad of course w/my milk.  When we got back up to the room, I finally got Ray stumped on a kanoodle puzzle.  It's waiting for him tomorrow LOL  After the boys left, Jen & Linda from the agency came by.  We had such a great visit.  They were so sweet and brought me a lovely pot of flowers.  We all just have such great support.  I did finally get back into Vanity Faire - now only 589 pages to go. 

Ray called after JP's nap and gave me a quick lesson on cross stitch.  He knew I liked the needle point and has been doing "research" on all the new patterns, etc.  Needless to say, he got me my first pattern and all the supplies from Joann Fabrics tonight.  He's gonna teach me tomorrow.  I am excited.  I just know that cross stitch was a really big part of his mother's life before she passed away, so I think he's happy that I'm interested.  Let's just hope I'm as good as her LOL  Tomorrow there will be tons of pics as I try my hand!!  Well it's late...



Until Tomorrow,

Whitney & The Twinkies

No comments:

Post a Comment