Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 8, 2011

Dragon's Breath

Day 51 of hospital bed rest

Well I guess my big nose has finally been over come :(  For all of my life, smell has been a really big part of me.  Pretty much anything I smell I remember and can bring up memories from a long time ago.  Obviously, when I'm pregnant it's even more "on point."  Since, I've been pregnant with the twinkies, I swear my nose is like a tracking dog's LOL which can be good and bad.  After 7 weeks of eating hospital food, whenever I smell the plates that the food is brought on I just want to vomit now.  I just can't take that smell anymore - YUCK!  It's getting harder and harder to keep things down. Thank goodness for zofran because that's been helping me eat.  When the boys came tonight, we went down to the cafeteria to grab dinner.  I was doing great of course because those plates are NO where to be found.  I told Ray about "that" smell.  He said "Oh I know that! We called it dragon's breath on the ship.  We had the same thing because it's from the machines the plates are washed in that's called the dragon."  He said it took him about a year to get "used" to it.  Thank goodness it's the weekend though and have the boys to "save" me.  This will be brought up to Dr. E if I don't get to go home this coming week. I just don't know if there's anything they can do to solve that issue because it's extremely important I keep up my appetite. We'll just have to wait and see...

Until Tomorrow

Whitney & The Twinkies

No comments:

Post a Comment