Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting the hang of room 259

Day 2 of hospital Bed rest


S came back last night with my snoogle, and surprised me with a cute pot of sunflowers, gatorade, trail mix & sugar free gum.  It was so sweet.  Last night when I was trying to sleep was pretty bad, until my nurse Nikki ( at 1 am) saved the day by bringing me a fan (so hot even with the room thermometer all the way down), and I took off the calf wraps.  I did manage to get some good sleep from about 2am-8am. Dr. Duke came in about 5 am and wasn't too pleased about me taking the wraps off -- but I was in desperate need of sleep.  BREAKING NEWS I HEART DR.E HE SAID I DON'T NEED TO WEAR THE WRAPS AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO Ok what was I talking about? I had a blood draw this morning and a stick for sugar levels -- really good 99.  They just did it an hour ago before I got my lunch -- even better 82 :)  Breakfast on that note was pretty gross.  They were probably the worst blueberries pancakes EVER, but now I can pick my own meals!!  Logan, my day nurse, got me all hooked up to the monitors to check the babies.  They looked wonderful and NO contractions!  I already told her I hope you don't mind being in my blog ;-) She's actually a former navy brat and lived in HI.  I really do have to say the nurses I have our just amazing.  Like I mentioned above Dr. E (MFM) came in, and we were just talking about the "new" situation.  He's really so great.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders now that I don't have to worry about those wraps at night.  I also talked to him again about me possibly going back home at 28 weeks if there's still no change, and he agrees.  I really am feeling so great right now!  Lunch came and was actually really good ( I picked it out hehe) - grilled chicken sandwich on ciabatta w/ swiss cheese, lettuce & pesto, milk and cherry jello.  I'm still waiting to see the physical therapist about exercises.  We are going to try and get weights of the babies sometime this afternoon whenever sono has an opening.  Well, I'm just going to relax this afternoon :)







Until Tomorrow,

Whitney & The Twinkies

2 comments:

  1. Looks a bit uncomfotable, but I'm glad you are still in good spirits! What hospital are you at?
    And Yay for being able to pick your own meals now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm at johns hopkins in baltimore and yes picking out meals has been great!

    ReplyDelete